Saturday 16 August 2008

I've made a blog!

I've made a blog! my first posting as a blogger! As an avid stamper, I've set up a blog to record some of the stuff I've been working on (wish I was such an avid typist -I'm extremely slow!).i'm lucky enough to be on the Design Team for
Elusive Images (that's Glenda Waterworth or Artylicious in blogspeak). I make up artwork to showcase her stamps and I have also designed some of them.In fact it's Glenda and Lynn aka Inkyartitude who ''ve encouraged me to set this up.I'm also lucky enough to be published in
Craft Stamper from time to time - I tend to do what I call "other stuff" ie. books, boxes, ornaments etc. If it doesn't move, it might get stamped on!I also make cards and bits and pieces for family and friends - that's how I started out. The first card I made was for my twin brother's 40th birthday. (I'm not telling you when!) Now, if they don't get a handmade card, they think I'm ill!I don't know what I'd call my style. I use mostly unmounted or clear stamps and love the grungey, arty, shabby look. i also love detail - in other words I don't know when to stop! I love the patterned papers you can get, but don't like cutting them up which rather defeats the object!I love working out how to make something - the design process i suppose.But above all, I love colour - clashing colours, toning colours, anything - and experimenting with different ways of getting that colour on the project., hence the name of my blog.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Helen, just found my way over here from Lynn's blog. :-)

Just wanted to say welcome to blogland. I love the stuff you've had published so I'm looking forward to popping in regularly!

Jo said...

I was pleased to hear from Lynn that you now have a blog. Since seeing your features in Craft Stamper and your artwork in the Graphicus galleries, I've googled you a couple of times in the hope of finding more of your brilliant and original ideas. I look forward to many more visits to the blog.