Friday, 29 January 2010

Brown Bird...

Completely different colourway this time - quite subtle for me actually!
These birds just called to me - love them! They're from the new Crafty Individuals designs.
I'd already got the sprayed background paper so decided to stamp the birds in a coordinating colour - StazOn Saddle Brown. I then wanted to bring out some of the detail so I overstamped parts of it in black - I didn't use a stamp positioner, just went for it! The images don't quite meet but I sort of like that.
I added detail to the eyes with black and white pens:

Then I masked the whole image and stamped the CI-116 Crackle Background - what a great stamp that is.
I finished off with a brown card and embellishments:

Thanks for looking!


Saturday, 23 January 2010

Daisy, daisy...

Here I've made a card using all four of the Daisy blocks from Crafty Individuals:

I sprayed some semi-gloss card with Creative Colour sprays - Grass Green and Buttercup (really intense colours) and then decoupaged a couple of the daisies.
The background uses the sprays again this time Grass Green and Delphinium, overstamped with the edge of the background stamp as before:

Thanks for looking!


Thursday, 21 January 2010

Stampbord Daisies

I've used one of the newly released Crafty Individuals stamps for this daisy bag charm.

When I first stamped this onto paper, I just went 'Wow!' It stamps so beautifully. I decided to try it out on Stampbord. I've used a 2 x 2 inch tile which is slightly larger than the image, so edged it with this wonderful CI background stamp using the text bit at the top.

This Stampbord tile was sanded to remove previous colour - I've run out of new ones! However the advantage of sanding is that it provides a great surface for coloured pencils. I started with some yellow and green:

and actually could have left it there, but you know me, I like to go on adding, so next added pink and blue:

Then I spent ages adding the twiddly bits to finish it off:

Thanks for looking!


Sunday, 10 January 2010

A little Birdie...

Once again this is a set, using in the main the Elusive Images Love Birds plate:

with the addition of the tiny flowers round the Romance frame on the Romantica plate as a filler:

I really enjoyed making these as the colours worked really well as did the stamps. Here they are individually:

And as a set:

If you're wondering why these samples are all small, it's because they're off to CHA with Glenda and so had to be easily portable.

Thanks for looking!


A Trip to Venice

I was experimenting again with this piece for Glenda. It uses the Elusive Images Weekend in Venice plate:

I've noticed when using alcohol inks on Stampbord that if you overstamp in black StazOn and then rub it off with a baby wipe, it removes the black ink and the colour underneath to leave a sort of negative image. I went on to add acetate pieces stamped in black to put some of the image back in:

It didn't turn out quite as planned, but I liked the colours anyway!

Thanks for looking!


Saturday, 9 January 2010

All things bright...

You know how I love bright colours... well combine them with Stampbord and I was well away!
Glenda sent me the new Elusive Images Patchwork Butterfly plate to play with:

so I combined it with Stampbord and some of the Brights Alcohol inks to create some 2 x 2 inch tiles. In fact I only used the large flower stamp for these, stamping a slightly different part each time, then adding gems and Diamond Glaze.
Each single tile looked like this:

And they're designed to hang as a set like this:

Thanks for looking!


PS You'll be pleased to know I remembered to cover the back this time, only as you can't see it anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter!